The first version of OpenOffice under the governance of the Apache Software Foundation has been released.
Apache OpenOffice 3.4 is available for download free of charge. OpenOffice 3.4 features:
- word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, databases, drawing, and mathematical editing applications support for Windows, Linux (32-bit and 64-bit) and Macintosh operating environments
- native language support for English, Arabic, Czech, German, Spanish, French, Galician, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
- improved ODF support, including new ODF 1.2 encryption options and new spreadsheet functions
- enhanced pivot table support in Calc
- enhanced graphics, including line caps, shear transformations and native support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- improvements in performance and quality
The complete list of new features, functions, and improvements is available in the Release Notes.