It has just been announced via twitter that CentOS-5.7 is now staging for release. It should hit the public mirrors sometime on Saturday 10th September.
CentOS 5.7 should include:
- Various KVM and Xen improvements, including:
- Xen 32bit performance improvement
- Xen boot time reduced
- KVM CD-ROM emulation improvements
- KVM live migration speed improvements
- Usage of XFS in conjunction with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 High Availability Add-On/Clustering as a file system resource is now fully supported.
- System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) improvements
- Support for the Security Content Automation Protocol, including a library and set of utilities. Allows security managers to verify security configuration and vulnerability status
- Fencing features to improve cluster reliability in Cisco UCS systems and VMware environments.